My easy chunky crochet scarf pattern is just what you need this winter. This double wrapped chunky scarf will keep you warm and stylish on the coldest of days.
Made with a combination of the double crochet V stitch and single crochet, my chunky scarf free pattern couldn't be easier, even if you're a beginner. The only thing that may be different for you is that in the first row, we'll work into the back bump. If you're not familiar with that, no worries...I've included a tutorial video below, to walk you through every step of the way.
And it's completely customizable too! Use any color yarn you like, whether it's a variegated multicolor yarn like mine or a solid color. Since we'll be using two strands of yarn to make this scarf, you can even use two different colors. The length can also be customized to your personal taste and style...just see the notes below for instructions on how to easily do that.
This winter, I decided to make myself this warm and cozy scarf. I mean, sure, I already have my slouch hat, infinity scarf, and pocket shawl, but a girl needs something new every now and then, right?
- About 500 yards of bulky #5 yarn (use two skeins, to work with two strands at once) - (I used Premier Puzzle Yarn in the color Crossword)
- N-15 / 10-mm crochet hook
📏 Finished size
The finished size of this chunky scarf measures approximately 8" in width x 58" in length. If you'd like to increase or decrease the length, see my notes below.
- All instructions, abbreviations, and materials in this pattern are given in US terminology.
- You will be using two strands of #5 bulky yarn throughout the entire pattern.
- This scarf is worked in the round, as an infinity scarf, with no connecting slip stitches except to connect the first chain stitch foundation row.
- Each row will have 100 stitches
- To change the length of the chunky scarf, simply increase or decrease the number of foundation row chain stitches
🪝 Crochet abbreviations for this pattern
- st – stitch
- sp – space
- sk – skip
- sl st – slip stitch
- ch – chain
- ch st – chain stitch
- sc – single crochet
- dc – double crochet
Remember to use two strands of #5 bulky yarn throughout the entire pattern.
Foundation Row: Ch 100, just slightly loose, then join with a sl st.
Row 1: Ch 2 (to act as first hdc), then hdc in back bump of each stitch all the way around
Row 2: Sk next st, then 2 dc in next st, *sk next st, then 2 dc in next st*; repeat * to * all the way around (each 2 dc will make a V shape).
Row 3: Two dc in each V sp, all the way around (see tutorial video for clarification).
Rows 4-5: Sc in each st around x 2 rows.
Row 6: Repeat row 2.
Row 7: Repeat row 3.
Rows 8-9: Repeat rows 4 and 5.
Row 10: Repeat row 2.
Row 11: Repeat row 3.
Row 12: Hdc in each st around.
Love crochet? Check out my other fun crochet projects:
- Easy 2-Hour Slouch Hat
- Crochet Pocket Shawl
- Easy Infinity Scarf
- Love You With All My Heart Blanket
- Modern Crochet Pillow
- Polar Bear Stuffed Animal
- Santa Hat Crochet Pattern
- How to C2C Crochet
- Quick & Easy Crochet Pet Bed
- Mazie the Amigurumi Cat
- Crochet Market Bag
- Easter Bunny Amigurumi
Did you make this Chunky Crochet Scarf ? Let us know in the comments below!
Please be respectful and do not sell this pattern or finished product in any way, especially as your own. Instead, share the original article link or contact me for any commercial purposes (Contact Us found in the footer area of this page)!
Leave a Reply