Thanksgiving is a time of give thanks, of course. It’s also when we get together with family and friends, and eat lots of turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and pumpkin pie. But the thing I’m most thankful for on my Thanksgiving table every year is my Thanksgiving stuffing with fruit.
While my recipe for Thanksgiving stuffing may not be traditional, it’s absolutely delicious and the perfect side dish to complement your turkey and gravy. I’ve made this stuffing for over 20 years now, and each year, there are lots of mmmmms and oooooohs from our guests when they savor this tasty combination of sweet and traditional flavors. And don’t tell anyone, but it’s super easy and only takes a few minutes to prepare!
I’ve used Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned stuffing for all these years and it always has just the perfect blend of seasoning. I don’t usually take shortcuts like this, but when it’s perfect, don’t mess with it.
You’ll also notice that I don’t sauté the celery and onions ahead of time, as I’ve found that there’s absolutely no need to do so. Everything gets soft and evenly cooked while baking, and the cranberries pop just enough to release their sweet/tart deliciousness. If you’re looking for even more of a sweet/tart combination in your stuffing, just add a little orange zest.
- Bag of Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned stuffing
- Water or broth
- Salted butter
- Orange zest (optional)
See the recipe card below for full list of ingredients and their measurements.
🥣 Mixing the stuffing
In a large pot, bring water (or broth) and butter to a simmer, until butter has melted.
Remove from heat, add stuffing mix, and toss with a fork until all the breadcrumbs are moist.
Let the breading cool for a few minutes. In the meantime, chop all your fruits and veggies.
Toss fruits and vegetables with the breading mix.
Stuff turkey and cook as usual. Alternatively, place in a casserole dish and bake at 375℉ for about 40 minutes.
All that’s left to do is enjoy, give thanks, and hope all your relatives get along this year...
Happy Thanksgiving! 🦃
Looking for more great Thanksgiving recipes & ideas?
- Ultimate Guide to a Stress-Free Thanksgiving
- Brown Sugar Ham Glaze
- Baked Cranberry Brie Bites with Sage
- No-Knead Herb Ciabatta Bread
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Chnöpfli – The Swiss Mac and Cheese
- Mini Apple-Pear Pies
- World's Best Apple Pie
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
Did you make this Thanksgiving Stuffing recipe? Let us know in the comments below!
Thanksgiving Stuffing with Fruit
- 12 ounce bag of Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing
- 2 cups water or broth
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-½ cups raisins
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- 1-½ cups whole cranberries
- 2 tablespoons orange zest (optional)
- In a large pot, bring water (or broth) and butter to a simmer, until butter has melted.
- Remove from heat, add stuffing mix, and toss with a fork until all the breadcrumbs are moist.
- Let the breading cool for a few minutes. In the meantime, chop all your fruits and veggies.
- Toss fruits and vegetables with the breading mix.
- Stuff turkey and cook as usual. Alternatively, place in a casserole dish and bake at 375℉ for about 40 minutes.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Oh wow, this is the most appetizing stuffing recipe I have seen in a long time, I will try it myself soon! Thank you so much for sharing!
Thank you so much and enjoy!
Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing this.
Thanks! Enjoy! 🙂