My tiramisu overnight oats are a deliciously healthy breakfast and indulgent dessert, all in one! Made with antioxidant-rich oats and chia seeds, high-protein Greek yogurt, rich coffee, and just a touch of chocolate and mascarpone, they're a quick morning pick-me-up that just can't be beat.
If you enjoy sweet breakfasts as much as I do, then my tiramisu overnight oats recipe is for you. Oh sure, a big plate of bacon-apple-pecan stuffed french toast or strawberry shortcake waffles with nutella fit the bill for indulgent, but when looking for something a bit more calorie friendly, I'll make these quick and easy oats.
Traditionally, tiramisu includes ladyfingers sponge cake biscuits. In this healthy overnight oats version, the ladyfingers are replaced by the oats and chia seeds...and I'm telling you, you'll never miss the cake.
Okay, admittedly, I usually enjoy something rich and chocolatey in the evening, like edible brownie batter or Irish coffee chocolate mousse...and while these overnight oats aren't exactly the same as a slice of tiramisu on a plate, the flavor is so darn close, I've started enjoying it for dessert too!
- Old fashioned rolled oats
- Chia seeds
- Honey, agave, or maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Brewed coffee
- Greek yogurt
- Mascarpone cheese
- Cocoa powder
- Extra cocoa powder and shaved chocolate for garnish
See the recipe card below for full list of ingredients and their measurements.
How To Make Overnight Oats
In a bowl, stir together oats, chia seeds, vanilla, 1 tablespoon honey, milk, and coffee.
Cover and refrigerate overnight (or 8 hours).
Hint: If you're making these tiramisu overnight oats for dessert, you can quickly mix up the oats in the morning and it will be ready to enjoy that same evening!
In the morning, in a separate bowl, combine yogurt, mascarpone, cocoa powder, and 1 tablespoon honey.
Finally, in a tall glass or jelly jar, layer first the oats, then the yogurt mixture; and repeat once more.
Garnish the top with a little extra cocoa powder and shaved chocolate and enjoy!
- Milk - instead of dairy milk, use oat, almond, soy, or any other milk you enjoy.
- Coffee - if espresso or regular coffee would have you bouncing off the walls, use decaf instead
Are Tiramisu Overnight Oats Really Healthy?
Yes! While these oats taste indulgent, they really are pretty darn healthy:
- Oats - Naturally gluten free, low-calorie, and high in fiber and protein
- Chia seeds - These tiny powerhouses are loaded with antioxidants, fiber, protein, and omega-3's
- Honey or agave - Using natural sweeteners means no refined sugars
- Greek yogurt - High in protein, calcium, probiotics, and other nutrients
My Top Tips
- Overnight oats are best enjoyed the same day (or overnight).
- Make tiramisu overnight oats for the whole family by simply doubling, tripling, or even quadrupling the recipe.
- This is an easy on-the-go breakfast too: Layer the oats and yogurt mixture in a jelly jar, screw on the lid, and go...just don't forget to bring a spoon!
Looking for more delicious breakfasts? Check out a few more of our recipes now:
- 6 Mouthwatering Parfaits
- Sweet & Savory Crêpes
- Good Old Fashioned Pancakes
- Bacon-Apple-Pecan Stuffed French Toast
- Strawberry Shortcake Waffles With Nutella
- How To Make Croissants (and Pain au Chocolat!)
- Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
Did you make my Tiramisu Overnight Oats? Let us know in the comments below!
Tiramisu Overnight Oats
- ½ c old fashioned rolled oats
- 1-½ teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon honey, divided (or substitute agave or maple syrup instead)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoon milk
- ¼ c espresso or strong brewed coffee
- ½ c plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Shaved chocolate & extra cocoa powder for garnish
- In a bowl, stir together oats, chia seeds, vanilla, 1 tablespoon honey, milk, and coffee.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or 8 hours).
- In the morning, in a separate bowl, combine yogurt, mascarpone, cocoa powder, and 1 tablespoon honey.
- Finally, in a tall glass or jelly jar, layer first the oats, then the yogurt mixture; and repeat once more.
- Garnish the top with a little extra cocoa powder and shaved chocolate.