Caesar dressing is so delicious and unbelievably easy to make, you'll never buy it at the supermarket again! Don't believe me? Keep reading.
Every time I eat a salad at a restaurant, I always order it with Caesar dressing. There's just something about the rich creamy flavor that makes my taste buds sing a happy song.
It was always my favorite bottle of salad dressing to buy at the store too. That is, until I realized that store-bought dressing is full of processed ingredients that I can't even pronounce. And once I discovered how easy it is to make at home, I've never looked back. In just a few minutes, you can have your very own Caesar dressing, made with simple ingredients at home. And you won't need any fancy kitchen equipment either, just a bowl, a whisk, and a spoon!
This recipe makes enough Caesar dressing for 2 large main-course salads or 4 side salads.
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- Worcestershire sauce
- Anchovy paste (or 2 fillets)
- Parmigiano Reggiano
- Freshly ground black pepper
A few quick notes on the ingredients
- The choice is yours - anchovy paste or anchovy fillets. If you're using the paste, add 1 tsp. If you're using fillets, simply mash 2 fillets in a small dish with a fork, until they've nearly reached a paste consistency. You'll want it to mix well throughout all of the dressing. Since I always have a jar in the pantry, I used real fillets. If you're not normally a big fan of anchovies, you can cut back on the amount. But be warned, real Caesar dressing has anchovies in it...you will not get the same flavor without it.
- Please, please, please use freshly grated, real Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. While you can use other Parmesan cheese, you simply won't get the same flavor...it's a whole different world of deliciousness.
🥣 How to make it
In a bowl, whisk together lemon, olive oil, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Add mayonnaise and whisk again until smooth and creamy.
If you're using anchovy fillets, mash them well with a fork until they're nearly reached a paste consistency. You want it to mix well throughout all of the dressing. If you're using anchovy paste, skip this step.
Add remaining ingredients (garlic, anchovy paste or mashed fillets, mayonnaise, and Parmigiano-Reggiano) and mix everything together well with a spoon.
Add freshly ground pepper to taste. You probably won't need to add any more salt, as the cheese and anchovies should provide enough.
Stored properly in an airtight container in the fridge, this Caesar dressing should last for about 5 days...although I dare you to not eat it all well before then!
Serve and enjoy!
🥗 Serving suggestions
While Caesar salad is normally served on a bed of Romaine lettuce, I decided to switch it up a bit and used mix greens instead. Why not?! Get wild and crazy! For me, no salad is complete without juicy tomatoes, so I added a few of those too. Croutons are always a crowd favorite. And a beautifully grilled chicken breast, sliced into thin strips...yes please!
Love delicious recipes? Check out a few more of our recipes now!
- Insalata Verde
- Panera Spicy Thai Salad
- Cherry Tomato Salad with a Warm Garlic Shallot Dressing
- Prosciutto and Melon
- The Best Way to Peel Garlic
- Butter Baked Onion - Pure Hygge Food
- Moules Marinière (Mussels with Garlic and Parsley)
- 4-Ingredient Cacio e Pepe
Did you make this Caesar Dressing recipe? Let us know in the comments below!
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1-½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (or 2 fillets, mashed)
- ½ cup Parmigiano Reggiano, finely grated
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a bowl, whisk together lemon, olive oil, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add mayonnaise and whisk again until smooth and creamy.
- If you’re using anchovy fillets, mash them well with a fork until they’re nearly reached a paste consistency. You want it to mix well throughout all of the dressing. If you’re using anchovy paste, skip this step.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix everything together well with a spoon.
- Add freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.