Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese. Yes, you read that right. A mouthwatering combination of Buffalo chicken dip and a grilled cheese sandwich.
Fair warning though: This sandwich is definitely comfort food and has the potential to become seriously addictive!
If you love Buffalo sauce on your wings (and who doesn't?!), then you've most likely tried Buffalo chicken dip and discovered that not only is it a wonderful snack to bring to barbecues and enjoy during the football game, but it also makes a terrific dinner. All you need is some good bread or hearty tortilla chips and a bowl of this dip, and you're all set!
But sometimes we like to mix things up. Maybe you're in the mood for a 4 cheese grilled cheese sandwich, with layers and layers of gooey deliciousness oozing out from between two pieces of buttered, pan-toasted bread.
The perfect answer is to combine the two into one delicious sandwich! Just grab a cold glass of soda or beer, maybe some chips on the side, you've got yourself a Buffalo chicken dip sandwich for dinner.
What Kind Of Cheese Goes Best With Buffalo Chicken?
In this recipe, I'll tell you which cheeses I used in my Buffalo chicken grilled cheese sandwich, but feel free to use whatever cheeses you like. For example, I used blue cheese (in place of the blue cheese dressing you usually get on the side) and cheddar. But, muenster or pepper jack cheese would also make great additions...and I might have to try that next time.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese
For this sandwich, you're first going to want to make Erich's Buffalo Chicken Dip. It's simple and simply delicious, and only takes 30 minutes! And FYI, the dip will make enough for about six of these sandwiches...or if you're only making a few sandwiches, then there will be plenty of dip left over for a snack tomorrow.
Erich's Buffalo Chicken Dip
2 slices of bread per sandwich
Cheddar cheese, shredded
Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Recipe
Okay, this is so simple. After you've made the Buffalo chicken dip, all that's left to do is assemble the sandwich and fry it in the pan.
First, butter the outsides of two slices of bread.
Next, flip the bread over and either sprinkle some crumbled blue cheese or spread a thin layer on one slice of bread. Depending on how much you like blue cheese, you can go heavier. As it does have a strong flavor, though, I've found that less is more with this particular cheese. Then, sprinkle on as much cheddar cheese as you'd like. As I mentioned earlier, you can certainly use any of your favorite cheeses for this sandwich...just layer them all on there!
Finally, using a spoon, layer on some of that Buffalo chicken dip and place the second piece of bread on top.
Warm up your pan to medium heat and cook the sandwich for about 2 minutes per side, or until it's lightly toasty brown and cheese is oozing out the sides. Grab a cold drink, some chips, and enjoy!
Love delicious chicken? Check out a few more of our recipes now!
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Thighs
- Charcoal Grilled Chicken Wings You’ll Go Wild For
- The Best Crispy, Succulent, Umami-Flavored Chicken Thighs
- Easy Homemade Chicken and Dumplings From Scratch
- Creamy Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms and Fresh Parsley
- Foolproof Cooking Method to Make the Juiciest Chicken Breast
- Garlic Lemon Chicken
- Deliciously Creamy One-Pan Chicken and Beans
Did you make this Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese recipe? Let us know in the comments below!
Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese
- Erich's Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 slices of bread per sandwich
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Blue cheese
- Butter the outsides of two slices of bread.
- Next, flip the bread over and either sprinkle some crumbled blue cheese or spread a thin layer on one slice of bread.
- Then, sprinkle on as much cheddar cheese as you’d like.
- Finally, using a spoon, layer on some of that Buffalo chicken dip and place the second piece of bread on top.
- Warm up your pan to medium heat and cook the sandwich for about 2 minutes per side, or until it’s lightly toasty brown and cheese is oozing out the sides.
- Grab a cold drink, some chips, and enjoy!
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.