Buffalo Chicken Thighs
Oven-baked Buffalo chicken thighs are a weekday dinner dream. Learn how to get the most delicious, crispiest Buffalo chicken thighs you’ve ever had.
- 4 bone in, skin on chicken thighs
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon paprika (optional)
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Mix the salt, pepper, and garlic powder (if using) in a small bowl.
To make the most out of the seasoning, lift the skin and sprinkle the seasoning directly on the meat below the skin. This way, you will flavor the meat and not the outside of the skin. The rest of the spice mixture goes on the skinless part of the thigh.
Put the chicken thighs skin down into the cold pan and turn on the burner to medium.
Once the skin starts to crackle and pop, cook for about 6 minutes without moving the thighs.
After 6 minutes, flip the thighs to skin side up.
After you flip the thighs skin side up, place the cast iron pan directly on the center rack of the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
Remove the pan and use a digital meat thermometer to make sure the internal temperature reaches at least 160°F at the thickest part (without touching the bone).
Buffalo Hot Sauce
Melt some butter in a small saucepan, add your favorite hot sauce and paprika (if using), and stir.
Pour the sauce in a bowl, add the chicken thighs, and toss until every nook and cranny of the thigh is coated with the buttery hot sauce.
Serve on a plate and spoon some extra sauce all over it. Enjoy!
- Seasoning: To make the most out of the seasoning, lift the skin and sprinkle the seasoning directly on the meat below the skin. This way, you will flavor the meat and not the outside of the skin. The rest of the spice mixture goes on the skinless part of the thigh.
- Cooking: Make sure the thighs don’t touch. Where food touches, the moisture will steam during the cooking process. Cook in batches if necessary.
- Keto friendly hot sauce: Depending on the hot sauce you use (especially if it’s homemade!), you can make your own keto buffalo sauce this way!
Calories: 656kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 49g | Sodium: 1344mg | Potassium: 686mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 546IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 58mg