Tomato Basil Mozzarella Pasta
It’s a light mouthful of silky pasta that will transfer you to a happy place. And thanks to the butter-coated spaghetti (my secret ingredient), it will leave you satisfied and refueled without feeling heavy.
- 10 ounces spaghetti
- 2-3 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced (optional)
- 4 ounces mozzarella, chopped or shredded
- About 20 leaves of basil, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup pasta water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt, then pasta, stir occasionally.
Chop tomatoes and mozzarella and thinly slice garlic (if used)
Once pasta is nearly cooked, remove from stove, save ¼ c pasta water, drain pasta
Put saved pasta water, butter, and drained pasta back in pot and give it a good stir
Divide butter-coated pasta evenly onto two plates
Add chopped tomatoes, mozzarella, and garlic (if used)
Thinly slice basil leaves (chiffonade) and add to the dish
Finish with a couple cranks of freshly cracked black pepper and drizzle with some extra-virgin olive oil. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 971kcal | Carbohydrates: 119g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 41g | Sodium: 7688mg | Potassium: 880mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1554IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 429mg