Cauliflower rice and oven roasted cauliflower are two ways to make your cauliflower shine. Both let the subtle sweet and nutty flavors stand out.
- 1 (1-½ lb) head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, finely chopped (about ½ c)
- ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper (more to taste)
- ½ c flat leaf Italian parsley, roughly chopped
Cut cauliflower into chunks, rinse in colander, and pat dry.
Pulse in the food processor for about 20 seconds.
Over medium-high heat, heat up extra-vigin olive oil and sauté a finely chopped leek for 2 minutes.
Add uncooked cauliflower rice and stir occasionally for about 4 minutes. If you cook the cauliflower rice for too long it’ll become a) mushy and b) bitter.
Season with ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Toward the end, stir in parsley. Taste and re-season as necessary. Serve and garnish with some extra parsley.