“There’s something special about gathering a few favorite people for a meal. A beautifully set table is the perfect canvas for a delicious meal.”
It’s a beautiful summer night. Why not invite a few friends over for an impromptu dinner party in the backyard? Whether it’s a potluck or you prepare all the food yourself, it’s sure to be a great time with funny stories, lots of laughs, and delicious food. But let’s take it up another notch with this quick & easy tip to spruce up your outdoor entertaining with beach themed table decor! And best of all, it’s free!
The next time you’re at the beach, after you’re finished drinking that bottle of water, fill it up with sand. Then take a stroll along the water’s edge and gather a few seashells, sea glass, and anything else that catches your eye (no living creatures, please). If you don’t live near the ocean, that’s okay too! Go to your local lake or river bank and look around for driftwood and pretty stones.
Back at home, while preparing for your guests to arrive, you can now make a centerpiece that will take your outdoor entertaining to the next level. It will only take a few minutes and will transform your table into a beachy oasis.
Find a beautiful plate and cover it with your beach sand. Insert a few candles here and there, using different sizes and colors to create multiple heights and color interest. Lay your beach finds around on the sand in whatever design you enjoy. Make it your own!
Involve the whole family, letting the kids find treasures in the sand and then helping you design the centerpiece...or use it as a time for some peace & quiet & meditation for yourself.
Your centerpiece is only limited by your imagination, so have fun!
Cut a few flowers from your yard or the roadside and add them to your presentation too.
Place your centerpiece in the middle of the table. Set the table with those beautiful plates you’ve been saving for a special occasion, but never actually use. Find those fabric napkins and nice silverware and glasses. Place a seashell or flower in the center of each dinner plate.
Your friends will ooh and ahh at your beautiful table setting.
Now where did I put that corkscrew…
Looking for delicious recipes for your dinner party? Try some of our favorites:
- Got 10 Minutes in the Morning? Enjoy a Delicious No-knead Herb Infused Ciabatta Bread the Same Evening
- Make this Creamy, Refreshing Dip & Be Ready for a Party in Less than 5 Minutes
- No Time to Go Shopping? No Problem With This Delicious One-Pan Pasta Made From The Essential Pantry
- The Best, Crispy, Succulent, Umami-Flavored Chicken Thighs – In Less Than An Hour
- Shrimp Tacos with Avocado, Grapefruit, and Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- Candy from the Sea – The Perfectly Cooked Scallop, Every Time
- Mint Chocolate Ganache Cheesecake
- It’s Spritz O’Clock! Get a Taste of Italy with this Drink that’s Summertime in a Glass
Did you make this centerpiece for your outdoor entertaining? Let us know how you made your centerpieces! What beautiful finds did you use? Let us know in the comments below!