Host a Christmas party that your guests will never forget! Your party is this weekend…no problem! Here’s a list of last-minute things you can do that will ensure your friends will be asking to be invited year after year:
- Play some Christmas music quietly in the background; just turn on the holiday music channel on tv or hook up your phone to a speaker and turn on Pandora.
- Light candles around the house, for a warm glow (either real or battery-operated), and turn down the lights just a little.
- There are tons of fun holiday appetizers you can make, anything from penguins to antipasto Christmas trees
- Play a game everyone can participate in; here’s a list of 100 game ideas for your party!
- Whip up a batch of spiked or un-spiked eggnog
- Desserts are fun and easy to make ahead of time, and keep it festive, like melted snowman cookies or reindeer brownies
- Decorate your table with a few seasonal items, like pine branches, cranberries, pinecones, and a few glittery decorations or ornaments
- Do a gift swap, but keep the budget small (under $20, for example)
- Have an ugly sweater competition and present the winner with a stocking full of treats
- Make signs for your food table using candy canes and cardstock
- Offer your own signature Christmas party drink, like mulled wine or hot buttered rum
- Set up that karaoke machine in the living room and offer a selection of Christmas songs.
- Make 3-D origami snowflakes and hang them from the ceiling all over your house.
- Don’t forget to hang mistletoe somewhere in your home where people will get caught underneath!
- Bake gingerbread men & have your guests decorate them.
- Set up a photobooth area by decorating one wall in your home with wrapping paper, tinsel, garlands, & twinkle lights; and offer a few props made of cardstock and wooden sticks.
- Give each guest a baggie full of cookies as they’re leaving, to remember your wonderful event once they’re home.
Merry Christmas! 🎄🎅
What are your tips & tricks for hosting a successful Christmas party?
Do your friends enjoy great articles too? Share this article with them and let us know what you all think by commenting below!
Tag your photos with #maplewoodroad on social media and share them on our Facebook page! Have any questions about this recipe? Ask on our Maplewood Road Community Facebook page and I’ll be happy to help. 😊
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for more great articles!